Parts sources for Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, Valiant, DeSoto, and Jeep
- General • Restoration and classics • Information • Performance • Recycled / Junkyards
- Export • A-body • Other specialty items
Mopar Parts from Authorized Dealers
Prices checked March 2015. Generally, though most companies now provide free returns and sometimes even free shipping on a return, car dealers make you pay for shipping (both ways) and then a 10%-20% “restock fee.” They tend to use the same clumsy back-end systems for ordering. Inventories seem highly variable. We have chosen three parts for comparison which are available at most dealerships. We did not include shipping costs, which can override minor savings. As you can see, there is not complete consistency.
|ChryslerPartsDirect||$95||$92||$61||Min ship $8. 10% restock.|
|WeRMopar||$85.41||$82||$55||Discounted shipping. No handling. 20% restock.|
|MoparPartsDiscounted||$85.40||$83||$55||Min ship $12. 15% restock.|
|Koller||not sold||$74||$62||Not listed.|
|dodgetruckparts.net||$88||$85||$57||Min ship $8.50. 15% restock.|
- Touch up paint
- RockAuto (they often have “discontinued” parts at low prices, too)
- Northern Auto Parts
- J.C. Whitney- something for everyone (though quality is highly variable) - big Jeep sections
- Commons Auto Parts in South San Francisco.(650) 583 1242 - reputed to have lots of Mopar parts.
- Unusual Auto - Muscle products for Chrysler owners, such as engine protection kits and diecast repros.
Body parts and lighting
- Metro Moulded Parts sells replacement rubber parts for many cars and trucks as does Scotts' Old Auto Rubber in Australia
- Daniel Stern Lighting sells intelligent lighting upgrades for new, antique, and classic cars.
- AAEmblems.com sells high quality restoration emblems and name badges (thanks, Mopar Action)
- Automotive Touchup
- Taillights.com sells interior and exterior plastic pieces, and can make custom pieces.
- Kelly's Lenses, California, (530) 891-5819 for reproduction lenses. Taillight lenses for a 1964 Dart are $30 each.
- PS Auto Glass ships classic Mopar glass “everywhere.”
Other parts / general
- Kanter sells parts for vehicles made from the 1920s to the 1970s.
- Restoration Specialties is at (814) 467-9842.
- Classic Industries (Thanks, Ken Curtis)
- Espo Springs 'n' Things - good for restorations and replacements
- Glen-Ray Radiators has the exclusive license to rebuild, with Chrysler molds, B, C, and E car radiators. Their reproduction 26" radiator can be made with either 3-row or 4-row cores; there are also some 22” models. The company also re-does air conditioners.
- Danté’s Parts covers classic Mopars and AMCs, 1960s to 1976, and has truck parts
- Northern Auto Parts, especially for rear wheel drive
- Wilcap - transmission adapters, flywheels, and other stuff - esp early Hemi
- JCAuto - specialize in MoPar restorations
- RealTruck - truck parts and accessories
- Wizzy's - collector car parts since 1914 - call 1-800-328-6554 or fax lists of needed parts to 414-645-5457
- Golden Oldies Automotive - lots of A-body parts - and other 1966-1974 Mopar stuff - call Gene Hutchings at (315) 843-4657 or write to 2728 Hatalla Rd, Munnsville, NY 13409.
- The Carburetor Shop
- Murray Park (cbodies.com) has parts for numerous rear-drive Mopars.
- The Paddock - restoration and performance parts for American muscle cars
- Instrument panel restorations: gauges and speedometer calibrated, all components taken apart and repaired, new items carefully installed (e.g. tachometer) by John Manush.
- The Brassworks restores Dodge Bros. radiators from 1914. Hard-to-find McCord style cores for 1914 to 1926 Dodge Bros. car and trucks. Contact 805-544-8841.
- TechAuthority, Chrysler’s in-house publishing arm
- Factory service manuals on CD-ROM
- Factory service manuals and owners' books, through Dyment Distribution: fax 440 572 0815, phone (North America, possibly elsewhere) 800 890 4038. If yours is out of print try Voss Motors at 1-888-380-9277.
- Faxon Auto Literature has reproductions and NOS factory service manuals; 800-458-2734
- Wilkinson's Automobilia carries service manuals and parts interchange books.
- AutoPaper (Bob Johnson) sells manuals
- Tire Rack - the low-price experts
- Northern Auto Parts - on-line catalog in PDF format.
- Mancini Racing specializes in performance parts for Mopars.
- Howell Automotive - lots of FWD stuff.
- FlowMetrics - throttle bodies for Dodge and Jeep engines, including the 5.2 and 5.9 liter V-8, and 3.9 liter V-6.
- Forward Motion
- PolyBushings sells suspension parts
- Magnum Force Racing - over 400 pages; fabrication and speed shop specializing in Chrysler performance.
- Hot Heads - Hemi and I-4 parts
- Turbo City
- MMS stainless fasteners and hardware
- Auto Parts Performance
- Junkyard Dog listing / search service
- Global Junkyard
- Wildcat Auto Wreckers in Sandy Oregon has about 500 Mopars and will ship anywhere. Site not updated since 2002. 503-668-7786
- Merlinn transmissions — transmissions information, transmission parts
- Bayer Boys' Mopar repair/resto shop, RWD only, have many parts for 60-70s models, have 3 Aussie mopars, save as many cars as possible from the crusher, send a lot up north, ship parts all over the globe, cars also, write to: 7464 Bankhead Hwy, Douglasville GA 30134 (770) 577 3138 ask for Brian
- Fredericksburg Auto, Virginia: 540-898-8630. Michael Valentine wrote, “The cars date from the 1940s to the present. Betty, the owner, crushes nothing. She has no set prices and can be expensive if you don't know how to haggle.”
- Classic Pull-It-U-Save in (seriously) Boring, Oregon
- John's Salvage Company. 1-800-397-9648 / 2020 Fox Trotter Road, Seguin, TX.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - parting out 450 central Texas Mopars, 1948 to 1978
- Atlas Auto Parts & Salvage,Van Nuys, CA 91388, (818) 983-1133 - near Los Angeles - has classic stuff.
- Obselete Auto Parts, handles Simca. New and used parts. 143 Comleroy Rd, Kurrajong NSW.2758. Australia. Phone 61-245-731424. Fax 61-245-732106.
- Simca, Talbot, Matra: Jürgen Roterberg (Germany) collects parts at old dealers and says he has 32.000 items specially for Simca-Talbot-Matra.
- The Old Cave parts and spares (Argentina, claims to ship worldwide)
- According to Ulf Andersson, this company sells A-body parts worldwide, mostly NOS but they stock used parts as well: MoParts, Hissjö 232 D, S-905 91 UMEå, SWEDEN - Ph: +46 70 200 95 93
- South-West Automatics.Specialising in factory built or race ready transmissions. Torque converters,and spares available for both 904 and 727. Sydney Australia, ph. 029790-2524 fax.029790-2131
- Gold Coast - Tweed Chrysler Valiant Car Club, Ph (02) 66742498 - "We buy and sell parts, give advice, have club outings etc"
- Windshield wiper pivot water seal kit - to prevent water leaks. Kits for 63-66 A-body, 67-76 A-body, 62-65 B-body, 66-70 B-body. Kits include 2 water seals, 2 base gaskets, 2 caulk strips Price $11.50. Schumacher Creative Services, 2025 NE 123rd, Seattle, WA 98125. (206) 364-7151.
- Kit for installing the B/RB engine into your A-body. Engineered to bolt directly on '67 through '72 Slant 6 or V-8 K-members, without requiring K-member removal, suspension changes or extra parts, the new kit is applicable to cars with or without power steering and includes brackets, production style rubber insulators, fasteners and detailed installation instructions. Schumacher again. (206) 364-7151.
- Chrysler Electronics - call direct to buy parts - 800 448 0944 or 205-464-1200.
- Mopar Tools (formerly Miller Specialty; appears to be a division of Snap-On) sells those tools Chrysler specifies in their service manuals.
- Walsh Wiper
- Performance Carburetor Service. (619) 240-6736, Apple Valley, CA.
- David Koldos reproduces turn signal cams for 1962-66 Mopars. He's sent out about 300 of them; they were a Mopar Collectors Guide Top Ten repro part in 1996. $19 each including shipping. David Koldos, 115 Hill Ave., Elgin IL 60120; dkoldos at ameritech.net
- Turbochargers.com sells and repairs turbochargers
- Convertible tops: Phoenix, Trim and Supply Co, 1-800-369-5084; Crown Tops (Denver), 1-800-445-6276.
- The Transmission Exchange, a shop which provided us with a lot of our transmission info.
- OdometerGears.com makes odometer gears for all VDO instruments. When we posted this (April 2004), they sold 16 and 20 tooth gears for Chrysler vehicles at $25 each, among others. They may be able to custom make one if needed.