Please read (and excuse us for) this. We don't like lawsuits and do value your privacy.
The website from which you accessed this agreement ("the Website") is provided to you subject to the following conditions. These terms are in addition to any other terms governing access to the Website. By visiting (in any manner) the Website you accept these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"). Please read them carefully. Any non-human visitors to the Website shall be considered agents of the individual(s) who controls, authors or otherwise makes use of them. The access rights granted to you under the Terms of Service are non-transferable without the express written permission of the owner of the Website.
Acceptance of Terms
The Sites include but are not limited to acarplace.com, ptcruizer.com, valiant.org, pentastars.com, macstats.org, rootes-chrysler.co.uk, and allpar.com.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Each party agrees that any suit, action or proceeding brought by such party against the other in connection with or arising from the Terms of Service ("Judicial Action") shall be governed by the law of the state of residence of the registered Administrative Contact (the "Admin State") for the Website as such laws are applied to agreements between Admin State residents entered into and performed entirely within the Admin State. You consent to the jurisdiction of federal and state courts within the Admin State. You consent to the venue in any action brought against him in connection with breaches of these Terms of Service. You consent to electronic service of process regarding actions under the above agreement.
Trademarks used in these sites
The sites refer to a number of brands which are covered by intellectual property laws including trademarks. This includes Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Eagle, Mopar, Consumer Reports, and Consumers Union. Allpar makes no pretentions regarding ownership of these trademarks and is not affiliated with any of the owners of these trademarks. Allpar's use of these trademarks is journalistic in nature only, similar to newspaper and magazine articles discussing these products and organizations.
Copyright and license
The materials and information on the sites are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. Any unauthorized use may violate such laws. Except as expressly provided herein, Allpar and any other writers or copyright or trademark holders do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information with respect to the Materials, information, and services.
Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information or documents on the Sites may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Allpar. This includes, but is not limited to, "reprinting" on the Web, in newsgroups, and in mailing lists.
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere on these Sites, you may view, download and print the documents and information available on the Sites subject to the following conditions:
- The documents and information on the Sites may not be distributed.
- The documents and information may be used solely for personal, informational, non-commercial purposes.
- The documents and information may not be modified or altered in any way.
- You may not remove any copyright or other notices contained in the documents and information.
- Allpar reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download and print the documents and information available on these Sites at any time. Any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from Allpar.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
The design and layout of these Sites are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
In case of copyright infringement
If you believe that your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on these Sites or on sites linked to from these Sites, please provide Allpar with a description and identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you believe have been infringed, what material in the Site is infringing upon it (with a URL or page title), and what you would like us to do; and information which would allow Allpar to contact you, such as your telephone number and email address. Allpar can be reached:
By email: (please use "Copyright" in the subject line)
By fax: (866) 679-7056
By street mail: Allpar/David Zatz, Box 811, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Warranties and disclaimers
All materials and services on these Sites are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement.
Without limiting the foregoing, Allpar makes no warranty that (i) the services and materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (ii) the materials will meet your requirements, (iii) the results obtained from the use of the services or materials, particularly bulletin boards and information, will be effective, accurate or reliable, and (iv) the quality of any products, services, or information purchased or obtained by you from the Sites will meet your expectations. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Where it is legal to limit implied warranties, and where implied warranties are legally required, they will be limited to 90 days.
Allpar assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in anything that is referenced by or linked to these Sites. References to other corporations, their services and products, are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
The Sites could include mistakes, inaccuracies, or typographical errors. Allpar may make changes to these Sites, including the prices and descriptions of any products listed herein, at any time without notice. The materials or services at these Sites may be out of date, and Allpar makes no commitment to update such materials or services.
In no event shall Allpar or its suppliers be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use or profits, whether or not Allpar has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of these Sites or of any web site referenced or linked to from these Sites. Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
These Sites contains links to third-party Web sites that are not under the control of Allpar. Allpar makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web sites to which you may have access through these Sites. When you access a non-Allpar Web site, you do so at your own risk and Allpar is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements made on these sites or for the quality of any products or services available on such sites. Allpar provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply that Allpar endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or uses of such Web sites.
License for supplied information (user content)
Certain services offered on these Sites, such as but not limited to bulletin boards and feedback, accommodate or require user-supplied information or communications (collectively, "Supplied Information"). This includes messages sent to the Allpar staff via email or Web-based forms or social-media replies. Depending upon the nature of the Service, by submitting Supplied Information to these Sites you grant Allpar one of the following two types of licenses:
1. For Supplied Information such as comments to the bulletin boards, news, or suggestions, you grant Allpar an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute such Supplied Information, and you also agree that Allpar is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. However, we will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted such Supplied Information to us if you specifically tell us not to do this.
2. For Supplied Information that is the result of your creative efforts, such as contributed pages, you hereby grant Allpar a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to reproduce and modify (for purposes of formatting, maintenance or Site administration) such Supplied Information. You also grant Allpar the right to distribute and publicly display and perform such Supplied Information for the purpose for which such Supplied Information was submitted. This license will be in effect until such Supplied Information is removed from the Site. Allpar might or might not provide credit based on the amount of information provided but the Allpar staff generally tries to provide proper credit.
3. Users and visitors agree that their Supplied Information will be original works that they have control over (that no other party has copyrighted or can claim as their own.) Users and visitors agree not to use any copyrighted material that they do not have explicit rights to in their Supplied Information. Users and visitors agree not to represent Supplied Information as their own when it was created or is owned by another party.
From time to time Allpar may distribute "profit-sharing" checks. The size, frequency, and existence of these checks is determined solely by Allpar. No formula is used, and payment is neither explicitly nor implicitly promised or implied. Most writers are not renumerated by financial means.
You may only submit to the Sites, Supplied Information that is (a) owned by you, (b) submitted with the express permission of the owner, or (c) in the public domain. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Sites any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other materials that would violate any law or the rights of others, including without limitation, laws against copyright infringement. You may not "spoof" other users or pretend to be other people. Violation of these restrictions may result in limitations on access by you to these Sites.
Management of services and access
Allpar reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete or remove your Supplied Information from the Sites and to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of these Sites, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability.
Allpar shall have no liability or responsibility for the deletion or failure to store any information or materials.
Allpar may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review (i) any areas on the Sites where users transmit or post Supplied Information, including but not limited to bulletin boards, and (ii) the substance of any Supplied Information.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Allpar will have no liability related to Supplied Information arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Allpar also disclaims all liability with respect to the misuse, loss, modification, or unavailability of any Supplied Information.
Allpar reserves the right, without liability, to modify or discontinue any part of the Sites or service offered on them, temporarily or permanently.
Interactive issues and general usage
(We thank Maxpower.ca for this language.)
You agree to follow all applicable laws when using this website. You agree you shall not upload or post unlawful, threatening, harmful, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable content, disrupt or attempt to gain unauthorized access to, transmit junk mail or comment posting, collect information about other users, sell access to the website or the data herein, or redistribute any content of this website.
You agree that all user-generated content, including but not limited to comments you leave, correspondence with its authors, participation in dynamic polls or any other form of user-submitted communication with this website is that sole property of the owner of this website. There is no expectation of confidentiality or privacy in any communications you may have with this website or its authors.
You agree that use of the RSS feeds generated by this site is for personal non-commercial news aggregators only. Allpar, LLC will take appropriate legal measures within its rights to protect its content and intellectual property.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Sites (excluding linked sites) is controlled by Allpar, LLC from its offices within the state of New Jersey, United States of America. By accessing these Sites, you and Allpar agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Sites shall be governed by the statutes and laws of the State of Jersey, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. You and Allpar also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Bergen County and the United States District Court for New Jersey with respect to such matters. Allpar makes no representation that Materials, information, or Services available on this Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access these Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Allpar may change the terms and conditions from time to time, and will post the amended terms and conditions on the Site. The amendments become effective immediately when they are posted on this Site and any use of the Site or services provided on it after that date is subject to the amendments. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of the amended terms and conditions constitutes your acknowledgement of the terms and conditions and its modifications. The terms and conditions of this agreement may not otherwise be amended.
Ads and Advertorials
We use third-party companies to serve ads and collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter) when you visit our web site. These companies may use the information outlined above (which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here (link to the NAI universal user opt-out).
In addition, our server automatically logs certain information which is placed in huge files not accessible to the public. This information is not especially personal and includes IP address (the numeric location of your Internet access point, which is usually an Internet service provider), the page which refered you to our site (if any), your browser and operating system, and other, similar information. We generally do not do anything with this information, but sometimes use summaries of this type of information for planning and server management. This specific information is never shared with people outside of Allpar, LLC except in the case of people who are believed to be spammers (providers of unrelated content posted for advertising or page ranking purposes). If a person is believed to have posted spam to the Allpar weblog or to the forums of any Site, they may be reported to stopforumspam.com or Invision Power without notice.
We do not share e-mail address or other information of people who write to Allpar with outside companies without their consent, and do not add people to mailing lists without their explicit consent.
Our forums require certain information to register, including e-mail addresses and names. Again, this information is not shared with outside companies or organizations. However, we do sometimes send a mailing to forum members - roughly once a year.
If necessary, that is if faced with a subpoena, court order, etc., Allpar, LLC may be forced to provide information we normally do not share with legal or government authorities. According to the Homeland Security Act, we cannot tell you if this happens, but as of September 6, 2011, it has not happened.
We may share information about you with professional advisers, such as legal counsel, when necessary. For particular transactions, such as prepayment of meet fees or sale of merchandise or subscription to paid forum services, information will be shared with payment processors. In the unlikely event that Allpar, LLC or its assets are purchased or transferred as the result of a legal action, your information will be one of the transferred assets.
What information do we collect about you?
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, including registration forms, customer surveys, feedback, and forum/registry postings. Our forums and some other services require certain information to register, including e-mail addresses and names. Again, this information is not shared with outside companies or organizations. However, we do sometimes send a mailing to forum members. Most mailings honor the “opt-out” preferences. Rare mailings to members of the 200,000 Mile Club have no formal opt-out; however over ten years there has been one global mailing and fewer than ten very targeted mailings (to fewer than 20 people apiece), and members may opt out of 200,000 Mile Club mailings by notifying the staff.
- If you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence. The length of time this is kept is highly variable.
- We keep, but do not release, details of transactions throughout the Site, including any information we require to provide any products or services.
- Website usage information is also collected using cookies (see below under 'Cookies').
- In unusual cases we may collect name and address information. This is only used to mail “goodies” such as decals and patches to selected contributors.
- Some information is collected by third parties including Google. See the rest of this page for details.
How we use information collected about you
- To administer your user account
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Sites without attracting spam
- To help us improve the structure, layout, and content of the Sites
- To contact you with information of interest about the Site, including meets, new content, changes, and other items; and to ask you if you would be interested in speaking or meeting with unaffilicated journalists; or to request information for possible inclusion in the Site
- To answer your questions or respond to your comments
- In some cases, to notify spam control agencies such as stopforumspam.com and Invision Power of spamming on the forums
- To ensure compliance with the terms of service and conditions of use (e.g. to avoid people having multiple usernames on the forums)
Where your personal information is stored
Information is usually stored on the Sites themselves. Some information may be stored on local computers. This information is usually secured in an encrypted disk image. When you select or receive a password or user code to access parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping them confidential and safe. We ask you to use a unique password on the Sites in case they, or other web sites you use, are compromised. Information is stored outside the European Economic Area and we do not necessarily conform to EU privacy standards.
It's not that we don't trust you. We just think everything should be clear...